Sunday, October 15, 2017

Be Still: a devotion by Ann Broughton


Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10 NIV)

It seems that there is little time to be still and worship God each day doesn’t it? Life is filled with so many responsibilities and work. A person can be in constant motion all day until bedtime. If you never take time to be still and commune with God you will become burned out quickly. Not only that you will find yourself having a problem with controlling your temper and emotions. Stress will build up and then you will have physical responses that will not be pleasant, such as headaches, stomach pains, stiff necks, to name a few.

Jesus took time to commune with his Father in Heaven during his ministry. He knew how important it was to be still. “But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed” (Luke 5:16 NIV). Take this example and try to take time every day to be still, read the Bible, and pray. I can guarantee that your attitude will be changed for the better as you lift your worries to God and give them to Him. Let Him fill you with the peace that only He can give you in the midst of your crazy schedules. Early morning would be good, because then you could face your day knowing that God is with you and will help you with your daily concerns.

Personally, I like to read my Bible and then walk in the woods and pray to God. I just feel closer to him there. I can be really stressed when I start out, but as I go and pray it seems like my burdens are lifted. I always come home with a better outlook about my concerns.
You must find the time and place that is suitable for you. But I encourage you to take some time every day to be still, read the Bible, and pray. Then you will find peace in your soul.

Dear God,
Life gets very hectic sometimes. Help me to take time every day to be still and worship you. I know that it is during this time that you will fill me with your peace so I can be your ambassador in a world full of strife.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Perseverance: A devotion by Ann Broughton

“ And not only this, but we also exult in tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance proven cha...