Monday, January 22, 2018

God Has a Purpose for Your Life: a devotion by Ann Broughton



Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails” (Proverbs 19:21 NIV).

You might be thinking that God has no purpose for your life right now. God does have a purpose for your life. It does not matter how old you are. I just listened to my favorite Christian music station and as soon as I turned on the radio I heard, “If you have a pulse, you have a purpose.” As long as you have breath in your body, you can serve the Lord in some way. I keep remembering the lady who John Ortberg described in his book. She had been in the nursing home for many years not being able to walk. In spite of her condition she told everyone around her about her friend Jesus. She never complained about her life. If she could have this wonderful Christian attitude and be a witness in her condition, surely we can show others Jesus’ love also.

You are so important as a witness for Christ. You have talents and abilities that can only be used by you. Do not lose hope, but continue to remember that what you do in Jesus’ name will not be done in vain. One of my favorite verses is: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ( Galatians 6:9 NIV).

So this week concentrate on using your talents and abilities to serve the Lord where you are. If you are at work, do your job with a Christlike spirit. Show compassion, love, and be encouraging. Be aware of people who need assistance and help them. Smile and say kind words to those around you. Many people just need to know that someone cares about them. And always remember, your purpose is to be a representative of Christ to others.

Dear Lord,
Help me to believe you have a purpose for my life, and that it is up to me to use my abilities and talents to show your love to others. Help me to not grow weary in doing good, knowing that you will give me the strength to carry on your will for my life.
In Jesus’ name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perseverance: A devotion by Ann Broughton

“ And not only this, but we also exult in tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance proven cha...