Monday, May 14, 2018

God is Our Refuge: a devotion by Ann Broughton




God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1 NIV).

Are you in need of a refuge? Are you facing issues that seem overwhelming? According to Merriam-Webster dictionary refuge means “shelter or protection from danger or distress.” God is our refuge when life throws distress in our lives. David, who wrote Psalms, understood distress and trouble as he was constantly running away from Saul who was trying to kill him. He knew fear, but did not give in to it. He trusted in God to lead him and believed the promise that he would be king one day. He trusted in God.

God is also there for you. He is only a prayer away and will be a refuge in your storm. There have been many times in my life when I needed God to be my refuge. I prayed for him to surround me with his love and give me peace when I felt extremely stressed. Every time I prayed for him to fill me with peace, it always happened. It felt like my worries were lifted from my shoulders, and peace just filled my soul. It is so very true, my friend, that God can surely give you the refuge you need when you have let life’s worries burden you so much that you just want to give up. He loves you and wants you to go to him in prayer and believe that he can bring you the peace you so dearly want. Trust him with your problems and believe that he is able to help you. God truly is your refuge.

Dear Lord,
I know that you are my refuge and that you will help me to have peace in the midst of my troubles. I trust you with my life and all the needs I have. I know you will never leave me or forsake me.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perseverance: A devotion by Ann Broughton

“ And not only this, but we also exult in tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance proven cha...